2017 federal income tax calculator
Click here for a 2017 Federal Tax Refund Estimator.
Taxes are unavoidable and without planning, the annual tax liability can be very uncertain. Use the following calculator to help determine your estimated tax liability along with your average and marginal tax rates.
For "high-income" workers you may experience an increase in your federal taxes due to a number of provisions including personal exemption phaseouts, limits to itemized deductions, the 3.8% Medicare tax on net investment income, and the 39.6% tax brackets.
Based upon the information you provided, it appears that your estimated federal income tax liability will be approximately $81,951. Your effective tax rate is 24.1% and your marginal tax rate is 33.0%.
|Estimated Tax Analysis|
|Qualified plan contributions||-||$0|
|Adjusted gross income||=||$340,000|
|Tax liability before credits||$81,951|
|Child tax credits||-||$0|
|Estimated tax liability||=||$81,951|
- What is my potential estate tax liability?
- 2016 federal income tax calculator
- Should I adjust my payroll withholdings?
- Will my investment interest be deductible?
- How much self-employment tax will I pay?
- Capital gains (losses) tax estimator
- Compare taxable, tax-deferred, and tax-free investment growth
- How much of my social security benefit may be taxed?
- What are the tax implications of paying interest?
- Should I itemize or take the standard deduction?
- What is my tax-equivalent yield?
- 2016 tax refund estimator
- Tax freedom day
Are you financially stable? Calculate and compare your FIST® Score below.
This information may help you analyze your financial needs. It is based on information and assumptions provided by you regarding your goals, expectations and financial situation. The calculations do not infer that the company assumes any fiduciary duties. The calculations provided should not be construed as financial, legal or tax advice. In addition, such information should not be relied upon as the only source of information. This information is supplied from sources we believe to be reliable but we cannot guarantee its accuracy. Hypothetical illustrations may provide historical or current performance information. Past performance does not guarantee nor indicate future results.